Monday, February 25, 2008

Congradulate me: I'm a Grandmother.

I went to the ARL cat fosters meeting on Saturday, and I came home with a mother and three new-born babies that had just been dropped off. I'm calling the mom "Cara Mel." She and the kittens are set up in our spare bedroom, which we have mostly been using as a linen closet. It's well heated and private, and there's no furniture for Cara to get into, just a pile of cushions with our towels on top.

Cara's family had Saturday night to themselves to get used to their new surroundings. Then, Sunday morning, I went in to feed Cara, and she came right over, purring and butting her head into my hands. She has a good appetite; she's drinking lots of water, and she's using the litter box. Then, last night, I had to get a roll of toilet paper out of her room, and she had a hissy fit. Thing were back to normal this morning when I went in to feed her, so I'm not too worried. I just chalked it up to the mysterious feline psyche and maternal zeal.

I'll be posting pictures as soon, possibly daily updates. It's been a long time since I had the pleasure of fostering, and I was all grins yesterday just thinking about our new family.

2 comments:

John said...

Congrats.

" I had to get a roll of toilet paper out of her room, and she had a hissy fit"

Clearly, you were taking something she claimed as hers.

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!